Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, November 23, 2009

He hears!

Our study yesterday focused on Psalm 116 and was a wonderful encouragement as we thought about the Psalmist’s words:

“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
He heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live…

I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the LORD;
‘Oh LORD save me!’

The LORD is gracious and righteous;
Our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the simple hearted;
When I was in great need he saved me.”

Then the Psalmist continues to discuss how he can repay the LORD, ending the Psalm praising the Lord for all that He has done for him. A good reminder for me to remember to praise him too!

Several dear friends are in need of a touch from the Lord currently:

Carol’s “cancer buddy” John was admitted into the hospital today very weak, tired and uncomfortable. Pray for wisdom, encouragement and peace for him and his wife Mary Ella. Mary Ella is also extremely tired from nearly constant care of him these past days.

Bob’s wife Marcia has returned home to the Bahamas following his service in Canada and will be having another memorial service at their church in the Bahamas on December 2nd. Pray for Marcia and daughter Tahnee as they adjust to life without Bob.

Donna’s mother Phyllis has been moved from the hospital to a nursing facility where she is not doing well. Do pray for her and the family as they make many decisions and deal with their emotions as she does not seem to be responding well to medications.

Thanks so much for joining me in prayer for these dear people. As I think of the shortness of this life verse 15 of the Psalm is a great encouragement; “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.” What a wonderful future we have to look forward to, but sometimes the process of arriving there can be difficult.

Have a blessed week!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home