Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Special Prayer Needed

On October 16th I received an email from Friend Bob who has been receiving chemo in Edmonton, Canada. His opening words were Psalm 18:1-3:

“I love you O Lord, my strength,
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold,
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
And I am saved from my enemies.”


As Bob gave me his upcoming chemo schedule, he said; “We are in the Lords Hands and He is guiding the Oncologist.” His final sentence in that email was: “We know & trust we are safely in HIS HANDS but also know he likes to hear the praises and concerns of His children so I greatly appreciate all your prayers, cards, calls and visits.”

On Sunday while attending the church service, he felt something was wrong and had his wife take him to the emergency room. After examination, he was admitted spending the afternoon and early evening there. Marcia said that “Bob was cheerful, cracking jokes and being upbeat. Suddenly, without much warning, and artery broke and Bob was gone in about 4 minutes.”

Please join me in praying for Marcia, their daughter Tahnee and the family and friends that will be celebrating Bob’s life this coming Saturday in Edmonton. Carol and I were with Bob and Marcia at Sanibel Island in January ’08 and I was with them in Nassau this past February. He like Carol refused to let cancer “hold him down” but fought the good fight to the very end with Marcia close by his side.

All of us will greatly miss Bob, but at the same time rejoice in his faith and trust in the Lord and the assurance that he is now with Him for eternity. As I thought about Bob’s strong testimony over those difficult years, I was reminded of a prayer that I recently read in Indeed and which I have tried to incorporate into my prayers each day:

“Jesus, let your presence dwell powerfully in me, in my family, and in my work. Manifest Yourself in every area of my life.”

Amen,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Thu Nov 05, 09:08:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Connie said...

I will be praying for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home