Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, October 26, 2009

GOD's Loyal Love



I had seen groups riding Segways in Washington on several occasions and thought that it looked fun, not expecting to ride one. Then one of my coworkers thought that a group of us should take a tour on them together. He made the arrangements and as you can see, I enjoyed a delightful 3-hour ride around the Latta Plantation. The training was a bit unsettling and I just about wiped out on the “ditch test” when I had to slowly descend to the bottom of a ditch, stop and stand still for a few moments, then drive up the other side. I made it and found the 30-minute training to be a perfect preparation for our tour of the 1000+ acre property which is along Mountain Island Lake that provides the water for Charlotte and surrounding communities.

Recently while reading Lamentations in The Message, it spoke to me as I continue to go through this period of adjustment which I suspect may be endless. But these verses were a great encouragement to me:

“I’ll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness,
the taste of ashes, the poison I’ve swallowed.
I remember it all—oh, how well I remember—
the feeling of hitting the bottom.
But there’s one other thing I remember,
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope."

"GOD’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I’m sticking with GOD (I say it over and over)
He’s all I’ve got left.”
(Lamentations 3:19-24)

I especially like the instructions in verses 28-29:

“When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence,
Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don’t run from trouble. Take it full-face,
The ‘worst’ is never the worst.”

I trust that each of you will have a wonderful week. May you experience a special portion of GOD’s loyal love!

Love to you all,

Chuck

2 Comments:

At Mon Oct 26, 07:24:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Amanda said...

wow, you are so brave! Don't know how I'd go on one of those. Good on ya!

 
At Tue Oct 27, 01:30:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger James said...

Looks like fun to ride the Segway! Glad you got through it safely and were able to enjoy the tour :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home