Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hope

Isn’t it amazing how some weeks seem to fly by and others just drag on? This past week was one of those fleeting weeks for me. I was a bit behind in my daily activities from working at the voting polls and trying to get some of the fall yard work completed. Then this past weekend I made a quick trip to Indiana to check on the progress of the roofing job at our lake house. The project was going well with about ¾ of the old roof removed and new underlayment in place so there is reasonable protection against the elements in the event of a sudden shower. I was pleased to see the quality of workmanship at this point.

The trip went well and the weather was beautiful. Friend Brian went with me which made the miles seem to go much faster than when driving alone. Keith had taken care of the bulk of the leaves, but there were still more that had accumulated, so we were able to help out a bit by raking and hauling leaves in that fantastic fall weather.

Karin, Keith, Gavin and Calli joined us several times on the weekend and we had a special time of worship and Bible study at their church Sunday. The message was appropriately on “Redefining Hope” which spoke to my heart as we reflected upon the experiences of many individuals in the Bible that did not let themselves get stuck in hopelessness, but continued to hold fast to that hope that we have in Him. Lamentations was a special reminder to me about placing my hope:

“I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!’ The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him.” (Lam. 3:20-25)

Lord, help me to keep my focus and my hope, upon YOU!

Love to you all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 15, 07:34:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Andean Echoes said...

Thanks for continuing to post on the blog. I get encouraged reading your reflections!

Helen Steele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home