Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

John arrived!

At about 6:00 am this morning, Carol's cancer buddy John departed this world and has joined Carol. These have been difficult days for Mary Ella as she continued to cover all of the "bases" at home while spending most of the days and some nights at the hospital with John. Do pray for her that she can catch up on rest and strength especially in these next few days before the anticipated service on Friday.

Donna continues to spend time with her siblings at her mom's side as her body appears to be shutting down. Her mom is sleeping most of the time but there are moments when she seems to be responding to the family members at her bedside. Please continue to lift that family up in prayer also.

As I deal with my own emotions while watching dear friends step into eternity, I often reflect on what that experience will be like for me. As a dear Christian friend said; "I am not afraid of death. I know that I am secure in Jesus Christ. The fear that I have is the process of dying."

What a blessing it is to know the One (Jesus) who is the Way, the Truth and Life! As we say good by to our loved ones and look forward to our own departure from this earth, it is a great comfort to know that our faith in Christ opens that new door of heaven for each believer. As I visualize a bit of what heaven must be like, I wonder why we fight so hard to stay here when our bodies get to "that point".

Thanks so much for praying! Also thanks for you prayers for me. I am just about clear of the congestion and feeling so much better.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home