Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Prayer needed

This has been a difficult week for me. I have spent the major part of it in bed with little energy or desire to get up as I continue to fight this persistent “bug”. Several friends are going through very difficult times and I find it a battle to even keep updated with them by phone while feeling so miserable. How much I miss being able to “be there” for them, but continue to pray for them during the day and often as I am awake during the night.

This morning as I was reading Isaiah 44 reminding us that our God is the One who can be compared to no other god, but there were those worshipping all sorts of those other gods. I like The Message version of Isaiah 44:18 that responds; “Pretty stupid, wouldn’t you say? Don’t they have eyes in their heads? Are their brains working at all?” I had to stop and ask myself…how often am I putting my selfishness and some other man-made god ahead of the one true God? Ouch!

As I was reading, a call from friend Judy came asking for prayer. She too has caught the “bug” and is in the hospital getting all sorts of infusions, and was having a difficult time to even talk due to the congestion. You may recall that Judy lost her husband on January 27th from cancer.

Carol’s cancer buddy John continues to appear to be rapidly going down hill in the hospital, with Hospice helping to make him comfortable. Wife Mary Ella, staying by his side most of the time, is physically exhausted but spiritually strong as she realistically considers the future trusting God for wisdom and guidance.

Donna’s mom Phyllis has been moved to a new facility under Hospice which has a much more caring staff. She only briefly seems aware of her surroundings and Donna and her three siblings are with her anticipating that the Lord may be taking her shortly.

Last evening I had a call from a dear friend asking prayer for their 20-year old son who has “disappeared” and is not even responding to cell phone calls. What can be a greater heart ache than having our children going through very difficult times? There are attractions out there today that I was not even aware of when I was their age.

Please join me in praying for each of these dear friends and their families. As I pray for them, my personal problems seem so minor! Actually I am considerably better, but keeping a low profile while the antibiotics continue to do their work and also while trying to avoid any other nasty bugs.

Your prayers and encouragement a tremendous blessing!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home