Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

God hears our groaning

It was another busy weekend, so I am just now getting on top of email etc. Friend Keith came to spend the weekend with me and celebrate his birthday. He prepared a delicious dinner for us on Friday and we had several friends in on Saturday to celebrate his birthday. We also went with another couple to the Spring Show that is always a fun event, enjoying all of the flowing waterfalls and fountains nestled in among large flowering trees with spring flowers blooming all around. It must take days to set up, but it gives hope that spring may not be too far around the corner after the coldest winter we have ever experienced here.


As usual Sunday was a delight in our study with teacher Tom. We were studying Exodus 2 with a heavy focus on verses 23-25 which in part say; "...the people of Israel groaned...and cried out for help...and God heard...God remembered his covenant...God saw...and God Knew." And as we read on in Exodus 3 we find that God had Moses in "the wings" to respond to their needs, but not immediately. We were reminded that at times God is waiting upon us to respond before making His move, and unfortunately we also are prone to make decisions outside of His will and He usually will not override our free will. It sure makes me realize the importance of fervent prayer which James talks about and also the need of being in tune with His Holy spirit. I have certainly been blessed by God when He has heard my many groanings and responded to them. At the same time I can look back at times when He did not respond in the manner or time as I wished, and can usually see the reason for the delay at a much later date.


Lord help me to be honest in my groanings to you and be in tune with your Holy Spirit.


Love,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home