Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 15, 2010

Delightful weekend

What a delightful Valentines weekend!

At 2:30 AM Friday, daughter Lisa rolled into Charlotte on one of the few trains that was able to leave DC due to the snow and resulting downed trees, frozen switches etc. Her trip was a bit questionable all week, but thankfully her train made it.

We had a wonderful time catching up and also having several mutual friends over for dinner or dessert so we didn't have much down time…but it was what we both needed, and on Saturday evening were taken out to dinner by some dear friends to a lovely Italian restaurant. Yesterday we enjoyed Teacher Tom’s class and a study from Mark 10 about blind Bartimaeus. We were reminded that Jesus always stops to listen when we call out, and not only listens but responds to our requests in accordance with his will and our faith. It was encouraging to learn that great faith is not necessary but as we stretch our faith, it will increase just as the working of our muscles makes them stronger. In the afternoon we enjoyed a tour of the spectacular Orchid House at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and enjoyed more guests in the evening.

As I sent Lisa off on the 2:00 AM train this morning, I had a few moments of pain as I remembered a similar trip with her about 19 months ago as she was the last of the family members to leave late in the evening after Carol’s celebration, when suddenly the realization of being all alone hit me as I headed back to an empty house and a dramatically changed life. I realized how easy it is for me to forget about all of the blessings that I have enjoyed and let my mind focus on the negatives. Fortunately I brought my thoughts back to the positive before I reached home and have been rejoicing in God’s rich blessings since then. I was reminded of something that I read in Indeed a few days ago; “Thankfulness is such a valued commodity in the kingdom of God.” The writer encouraged us to “…be thankful. Let gratitude fill your heart and then overflow into our surroundings.”

Thank you Lord for your ear that is always tuned to your people and your compassion and mercy that respond to us as we open our hearts and lives to you!

Love to you all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 17, 11:00:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amber said...

Hi Chuck, my name is Amber and I have stumbled upon your blog a couple of months ago and have been so encourage by reading your blog and I have passed an award onto you and you can check it out at www.thejourneyofamothersheart.blogspot.com if you like.

Amber

 

Post a Comment

<< Home