Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Safe return

Thanks to each of you for your prayers! The return trip went well with a plane that was only about 2/3 full, which gave me some extra knee room which I very much appreciated.

As we passed over numerous islands and many miles of water before reaching the East coast, the song How Great Thou Art was playing in my head..."Oh Lord my God, when I in awsome wonder consider all the worlds Thy hands have made...How great Thou art, How great Thou art!"

After having been away from the daily routine for a few days it is amazing how much easier it is to appreciate, and even see, the world around us. And from 33,000 feet above there is an entirely new perspective of this earth which is so small in proportion to the vast universe.

I sure don't understand it, but I thank God for His interest and love for each individual on this earth. And we are hardly a speck in the planet. We serve a great God but even more amazing is His desire to serve us. Jesus said that "...the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45) That was last Sundays study with Teacher Tom which I unfortunately missed having been away. Hopefully we will get a bit of a recap and continuation of the study next Sunday. Those studies always broaden my thinking!

Have a blessed week!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home