Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter is here

This has been an unusual winter in Charlotte with extra cold days and then...Saturday morning I awoke at 2:00 AM with small hail pelting my bedroom windows and by daybreak we had about an inch that had accumulated. With the ground being warm when it fell, the small stones started to melt and then froze together making travel difficult on the ice covered surfaces. Many places closed Saturday and Sunday about everything was closed in the morning, but warmer temperatures and lots of sun took care of much of the ice before nightfall.

On Saturday afternoon I ventured into town with friends to attend a home and yard expo, taking the light-rail train which had no problem with ice.. The walks and parking lots were a glare of ice but we managed to stay upright. Sunday morning about everything was closed including churches, so I had a productive time caching up on some reading and a few needed chores around the house.

On Wednesday I plan to leave the cold and spend a few days in the Bahamas with Carol’s sister and her husband. It is always a delight to spend time with them and their weather is also a bonus. Today it was a balmy 83 there when I talked with sister Ruth. I believe that my still slightly congested sinuses will appreciate the change and hopefully clear up while there.

Recently during our office prayer time, the leader read Psalm 91. It is such an encouraging Psalm and since then I have been especially thinking about verses 14-16:

The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue them and honor them.
I will satisfy them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”

How can we not be encouraged with that message!

I trust that you will have a blessed week.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home