Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, February 28, 2010

What do you want?

This has certainly been a week of activities, but I always enjoy keeping busy. Saturday I took advantage of the mild weather to get some outside work done in the afternoon after my inside chores were completed. I got the crape myrtles trimmed, sprayed bushes that tend to get infested with scale, and spread pre-emerge on the lawn to hopefully prevent an invasion of crabgrass this summer. I also filled the bird feeder in response to the birds insistent chirping to get my attention. It seems that this winter they have gone through much more seed than usual.

Sunday was a delightful day digging deeper into the question that Jesus asked the blind man in Mark 10; “What do you want me to do for you?” It has been a challenging activity to hone my desires down to a list that falls within the desires of my heart as planted there by the Lord, and hopefully understood by me to adequately compile them in some coherent fashion to adjust my focus. On the surface the task sounded easy, but in reality it is a real challenge.

In the afternoon I had the joy of attending the birthday party for a young buddy of mine that just turned one. His parents are long-time friends and are spending a year here working with our AIDS ministry between their terms serving in Burkina Faso. Little Silas is one of my “adopted” grandchildren, and is lots of fun to interact with. His eyes went wide when he saw a lighted candle on his piece of birthday cake, and he especially enjoyed the icing which was more that he normally would have been allowed. Blowing the candle out was a bit of a challenge that mom helped with, but by his next birthday, I am sure that he will have it conquered.

I had a call today from daughter Sue who just finished the first week on a cruise serving as RN, and was about to leave Florida for her second weeks cruise with another group of people. I am sure that it is a relief for her to be away from the cold of Northern Michigan for a couple of weeks this time of year.

I trust that each of you will have a blessed week as God works in and through your lives.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home