Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 08, 2010

Blessings

WOW...I can't believe that it is already Monday. These days have gone so rapidly and tomorrow I will wing my way back to the US and the daily routine. These have been wonderfully restful and restorative days with Paul and Ruth enjoying the fellowship, food and wonderful weather.

Yesterday it was great to see several "old" friends at church and listen to a pre-Valentines message on love and the potential breakers of love relationships. One thought that really stuck with me was the problem of over commitment in our lives. It certainly is so easy to place too much importance on the wrong things or relationships in our lives and neglect those that we should be nurturing.

It was good to see friend Marcia again at church. We had lunch with her previously during the week and were updated on her life since the passing of husband and dear friend Bob with cancer a few weeks ago. Do continue to pray for her as she deals with that adjustment which I can somewhat relate to, but she has additional challenges before her.

Paul is doing quite well and we continue to pray that surgery will not be necessary. At this time it appears that the inflammation has been eliminated and we are praying that the medication will accomplish it's purpose.

Friend Keith recently closed an email to me with "God Bless You" which has caused me to focus on the many blessings that God provides to each of us. We quickly can think of physical blessing that continually come our way from Him but I have been focusing more on the spiritual blessings. Those thoughts took me to Ephesians 1:3; "How we praise God, and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ." That is a good one to try to wrap your mind around.

Certainly I am blessed with each of you dear friends and family members that faithfully pray and encourage me. You are each a blessing!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home