Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Amazing God

This past week I have been doing a more in-depth study of Acts 13:13-52 as Paul is speaking in Antioch to the people of Israel and the devout Gentiles (vs. 16) which I am always pleased to see includes me. With Indeed using those verses for their focus, it motivated me to dig deeper in study of the early church and how God dramatically changed lives as multitudes of both Jews and Gentiles turned their lives over to Him.

The daily focus was The Intrusive God, The Faithful God, The God of Promise, The Confidence of the Believer and The Direction of History. I found those 39 verses to contain enough material to spend more hours of study than I had available during the week. This weekend I plan to continue my study.

Here are some thoughts that caused me to really think and dig deeper in the study of other portions of Scripture:

Many rejected the message because their personal world was to well-constructed to be modified…They (and we) often just can’t handle the surprising intrusions of our God…Those intrusions are fulfillment of His promises. Our God loves surprises. He surprised the first-century Jews with the Messiah and the Spirit, he surprised the early church with miracles and missions, and He will surprise us with the blessings we crave today.

As my weeks reading continued, I was thrilled by getting a closer glimpse of God’s character, faithfulness, trustworthiness and His plan for this world and each one of us as I was reminded that the same loving God who guided many of those in Scripture such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Isaiah, Daniel, and Paul is also available to each one of us as we entrust our lives to Him. After a study like this, I have to ask myself…Why do I ever have any doubts or let any of the daily stresses of life cause any tremors to my faith? Okay, I see that I haven’t “arrived” yet!

This evening I am having a group of friends in for dinner and games. They have been so kind to include me in their fun times and I am looking forward to having them here. I still don’t feel completely comfortable about my cooking skills, but people are always gracious and I have yet to have any complaints, even when everything is not perfect.

This week grandson Justin and wife Laura lost their first child (early term) which has been a matter for much prayer. There is never a good time for these things, but this is one of the more difficult semesters in Dental School for Justin with around 34 hours in class each week along with a one-hour commute each way, depending on weather. I am thankful for their terrific attitudes and their continued trust in God and His perfect plan for their lives but continue to pray for them. Cousin Joylynn and Thor welcomed their first born into their lives on Tuesday, and I understand that dad is already an expert at changing diapers which is much appreciated by mom.

I trust that each of you will enjoy a blessed weekend.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home