Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Delightful Shower






I can't thank you dear friends enough for your continued prayers for me. The trip to Indiana and then on to Michigan went well, and the reception was wonderful. Grandson Justin and wife Laura worked on the announcements, and daughter Sue and her friend Ginny did the majority of the reception. There were several fun games but I am sure the best was the one that required Jeremy and Julianna to mix up and bake a carrot cake. Now that doesn't sound so difficult but...they had to hold their dominant hand behind them and were given only the ingredients for the cake without any indication of how much of each item to use and they were not allowed to consult with each other. The final result was baked and available for guests. To my surprise it was not bad. Now that doesn't look bad at all, does it? As Jeremy tossed in several spoons full of baking powder, cups of flour, eggs that he could only one hand to crack, I really had my doubts. There was even a gasp from the audiance a couple of times when he added what appeared overly generous portions.


Toward the end of the shower, guests were asked to come along side the couple and grandson Justin prayed for them, their future and thanked the Lord for bringing them together and for the way they have walked with Him. I have to admit that this grandfather had tears of gratitude in his eyes. I thought back to the daily times of prayer when Carol and I would lift each of the children and grandchildren up and commit them to the Lord. I am not quite sure why, but to see each of them walking with Him now is always an emotional event for me. The only regret that I had was that Carol was not there to enjoy it with me.


As I drove the many hours back home, I was convicted to make prayer for each of them a priority each day. I have to admit that being alone and finding what seems like so much to do, I often rush through the day without praying for each one. That I promised myself, will change!


It is always such a blessing to receive phone calls as I travel checking on my progress and warning me not to forget to stop and stretch from time to time, and to know that so many are praying for me.


Thanks so much for your love!












1 Comments:

At Sun Mar 28, 08:11:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Jen Baeder said...

Glad you made it back safely, Chuck! Sounds like it was a truly blessed reunion w/family. Jeremy & his fiancé are quite the handsome couple! By the way, we love that you posted the pic of Silas & you in a previous entry. You most certainly are his grandpa ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home