Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blessed by you!

During our prayer time yesterday at the office we had a brief devotional from the Book of Acts. Often we hear that book referred to as the Acts of the Apostles but we concluded that it is actually about the Acts of the Holy Spirit. It is interesting how the book ends without a “real” ending, giving the impression that there is a continuation. The conclusion was that it has NOT ended but is still being written by the Holy Spirit in the lives of each believer in Christ! I find that to be an exciting thought.

I enjoyed a delightful weekend on Jekyll Island with friend Keith. It is always great to get together with him, and our camping trips are a special time of sharing God’s fantastic creation and some delicious food and good fellowship together. Carol and I often camped on Jekyll Island over the years and we had planned another trip which was not possible because of her adverse reaction to the chemo, so I had to cancel my reservation. I suspect that was about three years ago, but they still had that record on file and had my deposit available for use, but I had long forgotten about it being there. I was impressed!

Visits are always a great encouragement to me. Tomorrow Carol’s brother Phil and his wife Nancy will be coming for a visit which I have been looking forward to for some time. We were last together in Florida about a year ago. It reminds me of Paul’s letter to Timothy when he says “May the Lord show special kindness to Onesiphorus and all his family because he often visited and encouraged me.” (2 Timothy 1:16) I too am blessed by each of you as you visit, call and write. May the Lord bless you also as you bless those around you!

Have a blessed week!

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home