Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, April 03, 2010

He Is Risen

Our beautiful spring weather has kept me busy getting the yard in shape along with doing bits of needed spring cleaning inside. This week I had a wonderful visit from a couple on their way to Florida, using my home for a B&B. They came to the U.S. over 40 years ago from Norway. Engaged, she immigrated with her family and he came exactly a year later to continue their engagement and ultimately they were married in the U.S. They told about their childhood of need with the inability to buy important things like food even having money. Food just was not available. Repeatedly they said…”You are so blessed in this country”. I wonder, do we really appreciate that?

Recently I have been thinking much about Easter together two years ago when Carol and I spent it at our lake house with the family. Looking back at Carol’s blogs over the weekend she said; “Why do we call it Good Friday. It was a day of agony, but it was good for us, wasn’t it?” “I was thinking about the Lord’s supper. Every time we sit down to eat, we’re getting the benefit of living plants and animals that gave up their lives to nourish us. That analogy can drew our grateful thoughts to the ultimate sacrifice Christ gave for us.” Easter evening she wrote; “This afternoon we had the promised discussion about possible funeral plans with our daughters…We’re cool with the possibility that God might give both of us many more years, but at least we’ll get some options tied down anyway.” In just over three months, Carol met the Jesus that she loved.

I am thankful for our “adopted” family here, and will have Easter dinner with them. Rob’s mom just fell and broke her hip. During the repair they found a suspicious spot in the bone which is being analyzed. Do pray for them.

As we greeted each other Easter morning two years ago, I greet each of you:

The Lord is risen.
He is risen indeed.
Hallelujah!

I trust that this weekend will be a vivid reminder for each of us about the love and freedom that Jesus made available for of us.

Easter Blessings!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home