Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Arrival!


It is a great joy to announce the birth of Ella Grace on 3/30/11 weighing in at 6 lbs 7 oz and 19.5". Proud parents Justin and Laura are doing well as is Ella. Grandmother Sue hurriedly drove the 4+ hours from her home to be there for the birth...and just barely made it. She looks mighty happy about it doesn't she? Thanks for all of you that have been praying over these months.

We were having a Community Life Conference at the office this week when I received calls yesterday from both Justin and Sue that Laura's labor had started. It was a bit difficult to keep my mind on the meetings as I kept in touch with Sue on the road and Justin in the hospital. I was thrilled to get the "arrival" calls from the two of them around 5:00 PM.

This morning as I was reading Isaiah I was reminded again of the goodness of God in spite of our rebellion. As the Lord spoke to Isaiah about rebellious Judah, we are reminded that in spite of their (and our) rebellion; "...the LORD still waits for you to come to him so that he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for him to help them." (Isaiah 30:18) As we go through the ups and downs of life I am always encouraged by his words in verses 19-20; "He will be gracious if you ask for help. He will respond instantly to the sound of your cries. Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and affliction for drink, he will still be with you and teach you." That was a good reminder for me today!

Tomorrow Karin, Keith and Calli will be coming to visit me. Gavin will be heading to Colorado for a final trip with a ministry group. This is his last year in High School so he does not expect to be able to join the group next year. I am sure that this will be a busy week of activities and just catching up on each others lives as we spend the time together.

Thanks for all of your encouragement and prayers.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home