Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, April 18, 2011

Prayers

I just finished reading 1 & 2 Kings observing how many of the kings that followed Solomon became corrupted during their reign. Actually, Solomon didn’t finish all that well either. Some started out well but along the way it seems that power went to their heads and they certainly did not end well, even causing the nation of Israel to split apart. I was especially interested in a couple of amazing prayers during that time that God answered.

Elijah prayed that it would not rain during the period to prove God’s power, and it didn’t! That certainly was a prayer of sacrifice as he was fully aware that he would also suffer along with others as everything dried up, while putting his very life in jeopardy. I especially liked Hezekiah’s prayer indicating his total dependence on the God who had the power to deliver his people. He did not look to any of his or the countries resources but to his great God. In both cases, these men displayed a great measure of humility that seemed to please God. They both were a good example of Peters words in 1 Peter 5:5 “…God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” I found these chapters a good reminder to me of the importance of total obedience to God in spite of any potential risk or inconvenience on my part and the importance of striving to finish well. I trust that will be indelibly etched into my brain!

With all of the activities at the office coupled with additional spring yard-work necessary at home, I became so busy that I did not realize how soon Easter was coming. When I woke up to the fact that it is just around the corner, I quickly made plans to drive to our lake house on Thursday to spend time with family members that can join me. I am thrilled that Justin and Laura are planning to bring Ella so that she can get acquainted with her “Boppi”. It will be a long day of travel being that I need to be on the way to the warehouse to pick up donated bread for the mission by 4:00 AM, hitting the road after that for a nearly 12-hour drive to Indiana. Do pray that I will stay alert for the trip and arrive safely.

Thanks for your continued encouragement and prayers,

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home