Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Blessings




I am thankful for safe travel and a wonderful time with the family at the lake house in Indiana over the Easter weekend. Thirteen of us were able to gather there and we were blessed with great conversation, active children, and delicious food. I was especially thrilled to have my four great grandchildren with us…Annika, Lydia, Joshua and Ella, our newest, shown here with their Boppi. With the wet weather, the older kids spent quite a bit of time playing various video games. You will note that dog Halley got a little bored with it all.

It was three years ago that Carol and I spent our last time there with the whole family, chatting, taking pictures and realizing that Carol’s life was rapidly coming to an end as cancer took its toll. As I look back I am amazed at the way the Lord was leading and even orchestrating the events to give Carol an amazing quality of life and experiences to bless her and prepare the family for the difficult days that were ahead of us. Those memories are rich and I often fall back on them when I feel a bit “down”.

I have been reading Kings and Chronicles these past few days and continually am reminded of those that spent many amazing years faithfully walking with the Lord, only to make a major slip-up near the end. As I read about Uzziah today who reigned for fifty-two years. 2 Chronicles 26:5b reports; “As long as he sought the LORD, God gave him success.” Unfortunately in the later years of his reign he intruded into functions intended for priests, not him, and was stricken with leprosy. It is shocking to see similar stories of many kings and leaders of that day. I have found it an interesting study to attempt to analyze what it was that caused them to go astray. It seems that in most every case their humbleness turns to pride and the desire for more power and influence. What a blessing it is to have trusted friends along with the Holy Spirit that are quick to point out any of those tendencies in our lives that we will finish well.

I trust that each of you enjoyed a special Easter reflecting on Jesus, his life, his death on our behalf, and his resurrection from the grave as our Lord and Savior. What an unspeakable blessing!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home