Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 05, 2011

Getting God's Attention

I have been having some breathing problems recently, but hopefully am on the mend after seeing the doctor and an expensive visit to the pharmacy. Having a bit of trouble sleeping through the night has been an opportunity for me to catch up on my daily reading. I finished the book of Isaiah and as usual was amazed at how many “new” verses were there. It is exciting how different verses seem to jump off the page with each reading…It is a real sense of God speaking directly to me!

Isaiah 57 was something I needed to hear; “The righteous pass away, the godly often die before their time. And no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For the godly who die will rest in peace.” (vs.1-2 NLB) After a lengthy discussion about idolatrous worship by Isaiah I like Isaiah's conclusion…and challenge; “The high and lofty one who inhabits eternity, the Holy One, says this: I live in that high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I refresh the humble and give new courage to those with repentant hearts…But those who reject me are like the restless sea. It is never still but continually churns up mire and dirt. There is no peace for the wicked, says God.” (vs. 15 & 20-21)

I have been meditating on those verses as I recently passed the anniversary of Carol stepping through that curtain of death and was reminded of a notation that she had made in her Bible; “To get God’s attention” in reference to Isaiah 66;2b; “I the LORD have spoken! I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my work.” That sure sounds like a key if we expect to have God respond to our prayers.

Last weekend I enjoyed spending with friend Keith in the Raleigh/Durham area. This weekend I am joining friends in the mountains to do a bit of camping, hiking and attend a special music program. Dear friends are a tremendous blessing!

I trust that you each enjoy a blessed weekend!

Love to all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home