Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 19, 2011

Dare to hope


It was delightful to spend time with the family in Indiana and get grandson Gavin off to college. Being on the tennis team, he had to move in early and start intensive practice. It was fun to have some time with him and to help in moving him into his dorm room and getting things more or less organized.

I had a little extra time while at the lake to catch up on some of my reading and finished the book of Lamentations as the prophet Jeremiah lamented the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians as prophesied. In chapter 3 he reports; “I am the one who has seen the afflictions that have come from the rod of the LORD’S anger." (vs. 1) He continues; “I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the LORD never ends. His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!’ The LORD is good to those who depend on him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD. And it is good for people to submit at an early age to the yoke of his discipline.” (vs. 20-27)

In spite of what Jeremiah had been through, his faith in his God held strong as he found hope and comfort in Him and His promises. That is a good example to follow as we lament our losses, what ever they may be.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home