Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fond Memories

Having arrived back home, my mind is filled with wonderful memories of the time spent with family and friends in Michigan and Indiana.  The birthday party for Jeff was delightful and it was great to have the opportunity to see so many family members and friends.  We managed to keep it a surprise, but with so many people involved, it would have been easy for information to leak out.  Even the children managed to keep the secret.

The dedication for Ella on Sunday was beautiful but I did find it to be a bit emotional for me.  It was nearly four years ago that I made this same trip with Carol to take part in Justin and Laura’s wedding, so again I traveled the same route to the same church for the dedication of their new darling daughter.  Several friends told me how much they were impacted by Carol’s participation at their wedding service.  It was still fresh in their minds also.

After enjoying lunch together at a restaurant, we drove from Michigan to Indiana to have dinner and spend the evening with grandson Gavin who was in the midst of final exams.  He has done well this first year of college and is looking forward to medical school down the road.

After a very full weekend as I drove home, my mind was filled with fond memories of each of the children and grandchildren over the years, and I was grateful for Carol’s impact upon their lives and God’s grace and mercy in each of our lives. 

For those of you that asked about the swans, mother swan is tending the nest while father swan came over to my pier several times to let me know that they are still around.  I suspect that by the next time I make the trip there will be some little ones bobbing around with their parents.

Have a blessed week!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home