Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 04, 2012

One-year-old Ella

Several of you have asked for a picture of Ella, so here she is with her proud mom and dad. I am always amazed at the growth of children after a few brief weeks without seeing them and true to form, she is becoming quite the lady.

Speaking of seeing, I had a meeting with my surgeon yesterday and he feels confident that the eye surgeries were a success. After a careful examination and retesting he wrote a prescription for glasses which he feels will correct the ghosting that I have been experiencing. The order for glasses is placed, so I am praying that will bring about considerable improvement. Actually I should not complain. I can still see quite well and have to remember that I no longer have 20-year-old eyes!

I am rather glad to have completed reading the books of Kings and Chronicles with a large number of leaders, many of which either “did what was evil in the eyes of the Lord” or allowed evil to invade their latter later years of service. I am reminded of the importance of selecting the right local and national leaders today. Our state primary will be next Tuesday and I have agreed to work at the polls that day. In addition to the usual offices on the ballot, we will be voting on the “Marriage Amendment”. By all of the telephone calls I have received encouraging me to be sure to vote, I expect that we will have a good turn out for what is usually a slower election. It certainly is a critical issue and one that we need to be praying much about.

This weekend I plan to get more yard and house work behind me so that I will have some time to “play” this summer. I trust that your weekend will be a special time with family and friends.

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home