Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Special Trip

Thanks so much for your prayers as I covered the many miles this past week.  It was a tremendous blessing to spend time with Carol's siblings in Illinois (see picture), with Jeremy, Julianna and Judah in Chicago, and enjoy a few days at the lake with Karin, Keith, Calli and Gavin even was able to make it back on the weekend for a brief break from his summer campground ministry with his university group.  I was pleased that while covering nearly 2,000 miles with extra holiday traffic, I never saw a serious accident.  The temperature in Illinois and Indiana was very much on the high side pushing the needle around the 100 degree mark most days.  I have some cute pictures of great grandson Judah, but for some reason they do not want to download.  I will try to add one in the next blog.

During the week I finished reading the Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.  From Proverbs I was reminded the the importance of wisdom;  "Wisdom will multiply your days and add years to your life...If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer."  (9:11-12)  "People ruin their lives by their own folishness and then are angry at the LORD."  (19:3)  and as we think ahead to November;  "When there is moral rot within the nation, its government topples easily.  But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability."  (28:2) 

As I read about the meaningless of many of our activities in Ecclesiastes, I like the final thoughts from the teacher; "...Here now is my final conclusion:  Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty.  God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad."  (12:13)

I appreciate each one of you!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home