Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Teach & Satisfy


This morning Psalm 90 was a part of my reading as I work my way through the Bible again this year.  This Psalm, believed to have been written by Moses, is a testimony to his faith in God during what could have been during their wandering through the wilderness.  Several verses especially caught my thoughts; “Seventy years are given to us!  Some even live to eighty.  But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and fly away.”  (vs. 10)  “Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.”  (vs. 12)  “Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.”  (vs. 14) 

This is especially meaningful to me at this time of year, the anniversary of my last trip with Carol to attend Justin and Laura’s wedding in Michigan.  I went back and reread blogs that she and I had written at that time reminding me of the grace and mercy of God in our lives, and especially during that challenging time.  It was also a special blessing for us to have so many of you dear friends praying with and for us during those closing days of Carol’s life.  What a special joy it is now to have Justin, Laura and Ella moving to the Carolinas in August.

I was again moved by the final words that Carol was able to put into a blog ten days prior to her home-going:

“I had a startling revelation a couple of days ago.  I’m not going to learn anything more about heaven until I’m experiencing it in person.  (Pause!  Smile!  Think about it!)  I’m simply too tired to read any more, or even to hold a book.  So the wonderful studying I’ve done over the past years is all I have—until I step through that fragile curtain and open my eyes on reality for the first time.”

“So I thought I’d like to pass that along.  Today, while you have some energy and some control over your time, is the opportunity to learn what you need to know for your real future.  There’s probably no last-minute cramming.”

“I’m writing this on Friday afternoon, as we wait for the rest of the family to arrive.  I’m getting tireder as time goes by, but not sicker.  I love you all and still wish I could tell you so in person.  Through Christ, I hope to see you all there some day.  Love, Carol”

I can’t add anything to that!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home