Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 29, 2012

His Faithful Love


Psalm 136 was a great reminder to me this morning to give thanks as I review what the Lord has done on earth and in my life.  As the Psalmist reviews God’s activities in the world and in the life of his nation, he ends each verse with “His faithful love endures forever.”  Different versions of the Bible translate ‘His faithful love’ as “His kindness,” “His steadfast love” and “His mercy,” all trying to interpret the original Hebrew word “HESED.”  It was a good activity for as I think about those final weeks of Carol’s life, and mentally list some of the major markers reminding myself after each one of God’s steadfast love every step of the way.  After doing that, it is impossible not to have a heart filled with gratitude for our God and Savior!

Tomorrow I plan to drive to the lake to spend a bit of time with the family there, and then will head for Illinois to join Carol’s siblings for the 4th.  They will all be getting together there and it will be great to be with them all again and catch up on our lives.  I always expect that it will be cooler when I head north, but my son-in-law called yesterday reporting that it was 106.  That was about ten degrees warmer that we were here!  I guess that I can leave jackets and sweaters behind on this trip.

Shortly after my return, we will have over 100 arriving for training in preparation of serving in many areas of the world.  I have been busy compiling housing and travel information for their time here.  It will be a busy but exciting time with the added activity here.

Do pray as I cover around 2,000 miles in the next few days for safety and that I will be a blessing and an encouragement to those that I am with.

I trust that you will have a safe and blessed 4th with family and friends.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home