Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weekend

After a somewhat hectic week, I am now at the lake in Indiana.  Our computer problems at the office seem to escalate as our IS Department is diligently working to update servers to handle the increased volume of traffic.  I suspect that it could be a "test" of my patience, but I am not certain how well I am responding.  It can get rather frustrating when most everything is now computerized and depends upon their use.

On Tuesday I spent a long day from 6:00 AM until nearly 10:00 PM working at the election polls with a tremendous turnout of voters, which was great but kept me on my feet all day operating the voting machines.  I did manage to get things at home and the office up to date enough to make a trip up here to attend Justin's graduation from dental school in Michigan this weekend.  We will also be having a special celebration for him later in the day on Sunday.  I plan to drive back to the lake that evening and hit the road early on Monday for home.   A full weekend, but I am thankful to still have the stamina to make these trips and be a part of the lives of our family members.   I am also thrilled that Justin, Laura and Ella will be moving to South Carolina where he plans to spend three years with the Air Force.  That will place them only about two hours away from me, so we will be able to get together frequently.

On my way here, I stopped to visit a friend who serves as part-time Chaplin at a truck-stop chapel in Ohio.  It was a delight to visit with him and have the opportunity to meet an over-the-road driver that stopped in.  That work is certainly difficult for men with a family, and it was great to interact with him and encourage him in his walk with the Lord.  It does prompt me to pray for drivers as I travel and better understand some of the challenges and temptations that they face.

I have just finished reading the Book of Nehemiah.  Now that an example of being faced with great challenges as he lead the Jews back to Jerusalem after their Babylonian exile.  As I read about the challenges he faced, it was exciting to see how God responded to his numerous prayers as a result of Nehemiah's passion to read, study and obey the Word of God as he lead the people.  Unfortunately, as we read through the book, we find that the people were slow learners...A good reminder for us today when we become out of touch with God!

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.  Have a blessed weekend!

Love,  Chuck




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home