Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

He is good!


What a joy it was for me to spend time with my grandson Justin, checking out areas around the air force base that would be acceptable for his family while stationed there.  We drove a good many miles and walked through numerous homes doing our evaluation.  While he is not allowed to sign any contracts until officially located at the base in August, the more time-consuming part of the search is behind him.  A couple of hours after I dropped him off at the airport, dear friends from Michigan arrived to spend the weekend with me.  It was a blessing to have them here and catch up with them as we shared together.

As I was reading in the Psalms today, Psalm 8 was included in my schedule.  I like the way David both begins and ends the Psalm with; “O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth.”  Reflecting on my recent camping experience, verses 3-5 especially spoke to me:  “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?  You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowed him with glory and honor.”  On those dark camping nights after the gas lights are turned out, you see the sky filled with a vast number of stars that normally don’t get our attention with the lights of the city around us.  Couple that with the reminder of being made just a little lower than God Himself and cared for as His child…WOW!  We certainly have and serve a majestic Lord! “He is good!  His faithful love endures forever!”

I trust that each of you is enjoying a blessed week.

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home