Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Exciting Times

Thanks for your prayers as I covered the many miles over a long weekend. It was a full but rewarding weekend, joining family members to attend grandson Justin’s graduation from dental school with a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery. As a surprise to him, he was also awarded with the Pediatric Dentistry Award for outstanding work with children. In addition to his degree, he also received his bars as Captain in the U.S. Air Force. The university provided a wonderful buffet lunch which was a great opportunity for students and faculty to get acquainted with the graduate’s families. As you can see, there was a proud wife and daughter to cheer Justin on. In the evening we had another delightful time with more delicious food back in Spring Arbor for family and friends. What a blessing to be able to see another family member launch into a career!

As I was driving back to Charlotte reflecting on the joyous weekend, I was reminded of the Book of Job which I am currently reading, and wondered how I would respond if life suddenly turned “south” for me as it did for Job as Satan put him through unbelievable tests, taking his family, wealth, health and prestige. His responses were amazing; “The LORD gave me what I had and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!” (Job 1:21b) “Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” (Job 2:10b) WOW, what a response!

I really liked the initial response from his three friends as; “They sat on the ground with him for seven days and nights. No one said a word to Job, for they saw that his suffering was too great for words.” (Job 2:13) There are times when words just are not necessary or even wanted. Just having friends show up without comment or words of wisdom can be most helpful during those initial times of grief. I have found that those often are the ones that minister to the need at the moment the most.

I quickly got myself right back into the swing of things upon my return and am quite well caught up again now. What a blessing to have the health and strength to carry on!

Thanks so much for your love and support!

Chuck


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home