Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

He is merciful!

I plan to leave early in the morning for the lake in Indiana.  I’ll spend the weekend with the family located in that area, and when I am a bit rested up, I plan to continue on visiting as many family members and friends as possible.  I have no itinerary at this time.  That will develop as I see how travel-weary I get.  I notice that I do not have the stamina that I had a few years ago, but I am thankful for the strength and health that the Lord continues to provide.  As always, your prayers for guidance and safety are greatly appreciated!

Thinking about prayer, recently I read “We do not ask because we deserve help, but because you are so merciful.”  (Daniel 9:18b)  It is so easy to get into the rut of thinking that we never should encounter any “problems” but how many times have we seen a situation that at the moment appeared to be a disaster, turning into a huge blessing.  Our “vision” is so very narrow and we tend to be so self-centered that there are times when we are far better off not getting what we ask for.  Recently I heard Warren Wiersby say “sometimes God’s greatest punishment is to give us what we ask for.”  That has caused me to more closely examine what I pray for to be as certain as possible to be praying according to God’s will and for His glorify!

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home