Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Share the Prayers

During the nine years that our dear pastor, Charles Page, heroically battled multiple myeloma, we were reminded often to offer up Urgent Prayer Support (UPS) every time we saw a UPS (United Parcel Service) truck. And every time, Dr. Page would add, "When you pray for me, please also pray for at least one other person you know about who is suffering." I'm sure he felt, as I do, that he didn't want to be the sole beneficiary of our prayers. I appreciate, more than I can ever tell you, how faithfully you continue to pray for me and encourage me. And I am confident that God is answering your prayers by helping me to feel so well, and in many other ways also. So today, may I encourage you to "share the prayer." Whatever you ask God to do for me, please ask Him to do for others as well.

Many have told me that they specifically pray I'll sleep well at night. No wonder my nights are so good! (You wouldn't expect that, sitting up in a recliner, would you?) My precious assistant editor is expecting her first baby in the next few days, and not sleeping well at all. When you pray that I'll sleep well, could you mention her as well?

The decision to go "fun" was a good decision. Lots of us have had a good laugh over my new blonde look the last couple of days. Someone loaned me 2 blonde wigs and an auburn one. And the American Cancer Society gave me 2 that very well match my own color, so sometimes I'll probably still look more "normal," whatever that means.

I spent the afternoon yesterday at the office and it went well. Now today is scheduled for lots of resting.

Thanks again.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home