Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 27, 2006

Breathing Better

I'm daring to hope that the cancer has slowed its manufacture of fluid. I can't tell for sure, but this morning I am definitely breathing more easily. My left lung still twinges when I inhale, but that's better too. So once again, thanks so much for your prayers, and thanks to God for His kindness.

Today I'd like to finalize planning for the next SIM magazine so that even if chemo #2 (Monday 30th January) knocks me flat for awhile, we'll be far enough along to avoid panic later in February. I'll be working at home so I can rest as I need to. Thanks for helping by prayer.

A friend related this season of my life to the rests in music. Here's what she quoted: "There is no music in a rest, but there is the making of music in it. In our whole life-melody the music is broken off here and there by 'rests,' and we foolishly think we have come to the end of the tune. God sends a time of forced leisure, sickness, disappointed plans, frustrated efforts, and makes a sudden pause in the choral hymn of our lives; and we lament that our voices must be silent, and our part missing in the music which ever goes up to the ear of the Creator. How does the musician read the 'rest'? See him beat the time with unvarying count, and catch up the next note true and steady, as if no breaking place had come between.

"Not without design does God write the music of our lives. But it is ours to learn the tune, and not be dismayed at the 'rests.' They are not to be slurred over, not to be omitted, not to destroy the melody, not to change the keynote. If we look up, God Himself will beat the time for us. With our eye on Him, we shall strike the next note full and clear. If we sadly say to ourselves, 'There is no music in a rest,' let us not forget 'there is the making of music in it.' The making of music is often a slow and painful process in this life. How patiently God works to teach us! He waits for us to learn the lesson."

That resonates with me.

Thanks for your love and prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home