Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What Defines my Life?

"If God met you at a dinner party, He wouldn't ask what you do for a living or how many people are in your family. He would ask you what moves your heart, what dreams you have, and how committed you are to them. He doesn't define us by the things we do. He defines us by our loves." I read that paragraph last week in indeed, the devotional our Sunday School class studies together. The question continues to challenge me. What are my loves, my dreams? What moves my heart?

Today is day 3 after chemo, and I feel quite well. At this moment, Lisa's plane should be touching down, and Chuck is at the airport to meet her. We're so looking forward to having her here for a few days. Yesterday she finished her coursework for her Masters in Social Work. We plan to attend her graduation in Washington DC on May 12.

The doctor recommends two more chemo treatments exactly like the 6 I've already had, and then after that he would like to discontinue the taxotere but continue with carbo-platin. He is very encouraged by the way I'm handling the chemo side effects and by the decreasing tumor marker CA 125. (I expect that blood test report tomorrow.) So we've scheduled a treatment for May 22, and another for June 12. Once the CA 125 reaches the goal of 14 or lower, I'm not sure what we'll do. Party, for sure! Praise God, for sure! And continue to say thanks to everyone whose prayers are making such a big difference.

With our love,
Chuck and Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home