Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Urgent Prayer Support (UPS)

My six-year-old neighbor, every time he sees a United Parcel Service (UPS) truck, exclaims, "Look, Mommy, we need to pray for Miss Carol and one other person!" (Several months ago, I wrote here about the way our church used sightings of UPS trucks to remind us to offer up Urgent Prayer Support for our dear pastor in his victorious battle with cancer. He won! Last fall, God called him to heaven. He always reminded us to pray for others in addition to himself.) How I appreciate all the prayers you all are raising on my behalf.

Now I do have an urgent request. Two days ago, sores suddenly appeared in my mouth. This is a common effect from chemo, and at first I was careful to rinse my mouth frequently with a mild salt solution. But after all this time with no sores, I thought it wouldn't happen. They're painful enough that it's difficult to eat (don't worry; I have pounds to spare) and difficult to talk (now that's a problem!). Actually, I do need to be able to talk. I've been given the privilege of teaching our Sunday School class this coming Sunday, to tell some of the things I've learned about God as I've lived with cancer. Thanks for praying.

As I type this before daybreak, even through closed windows I can hear a chorus of singing birds waking the dawn outdoors. It reminds me of a simple chorus we sang as children:
The birds upon the treetops sing their song.
The angels chant their chorus all day long.
The flowers in the garden blend their hue.
So why shouldn't I, why shouldn't you, praise Him too?

We will praise Him. He deserves it!

The friend whose ovarian cancer recurred a few weeks ago has bad news. She can't continue treatment because they can't get her white blood count up to a safe level. God knows how to give her comfort and peace; I pray He will do so.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home