Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Traveling Mercies

Yesterday some dear friends who were traveling through the area came out of their way to see me at my office. They serve the Lord with SIM in West Africa, and will return there this summer. I think we were all sobered by the thought that we might not see one another again in this life. Oh! Our short visit was so sweet! Before we parted with prayers and hugs, they asked how they could pray for me. I gave them the top two requests I pray each morning:
1. That God will help me to live fully every moment of this day.
2. That God will draw my heart close to His heart.

I worked seven hours yesterday and felt well. (I admit I was very ready for an early bedtime.) I'm planning to work a nearly full day again today. I get to lead staff prayers this morning. We'll be praying for Bangladesh and Benin--our workers and local friends there. We always pray that God will build strong churches around the world for His glory. It's a huge privilege to be involved in His magnificent work among the nations.

I know that each of you is carrying at least one burden today. May I pray for you what I pray for myself? Lord, please help my friends live fully every moment of this day. And please draw their hearts close to Your heart. Amen.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home