Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Attitude

A woman woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day. The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "Hmmm, " she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day. The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day. The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything!

A friend sent this attitude adjuster this weekend. I needed it. I was thinking too much about the decreasing progress against CA 125 and about neuropathy and other side effects, and it was making me feel more worn down in general. So I'll focus on Jesus, how good He is, and what He's up to in the world, and try to keep my attitude straight. And if I had two hairs left, I think I'd part my hair down the middle today.

Our friend who had prostate surgery on Thursday did well, but had to stay in the hospital longer than they had hoped. Thanks for praying for him. The husband of my childhood friend, who was diagnosed with cancer several weeks ago, starts his chemo Monday. We're praying he'll do well. His wife never did have to have that injection in her eye, and last week had cataract surgery which was apparently successful. The local friend who was stricken with an eye disease is still studying her options, and God is opening doors to helpful information in remarkable ways. I love watching God answer prayers.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home