Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Big "C"

"I want the 'Big C" (Christ) to conquer the 'little c' (cancer)." With those words, the niece of Sister Sue Tracy, an oncology chaplain suddenly facing her own cancer, put things in perspective for Sue. How often have we heard people refer to cancer as the "Big C"? Well! Cancer seems big, but it's little in comparison with Christ.

That story is in a 90-day devotional for women battling cancer titled, Praying Through Cancer. My young friend Sarah, after her double mastectomy for breast cancer, contributed two of the devotionals. She sent me a copy of the book last week. Naturally, I read her beautiful writings first. And now I'm gratefully reading the rest, happy to be reminded over and over where my hope lies.

Lisa returned to her home in Washington DC last evening. Our time with her was refreshing and encouraging.

Today I feel well enough to be planning a full day of work. Another magazine deadline is approaching. Thanks for your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home