Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, April 27, 2006

CA 125 is at 40

Chuck took the call from the nurse, and I could tell he was disappointed. He'd been hoping the CA 125 would have dropped into the 20s. Three weeks ago it was 52.3; this week it's 40.5. Maybe progress slows as the numbers drop. It's huge progress nevertheless, and I guess it's a good thing that I'm handling the chemo well enough to continue on for a few more treatments, still aiming for a count below 15. Thanks for continuing to pray for that.

Yesterday was the best "third day" after chemo that I've had yet. Tired, but not terrible. It's great to have Lisa here.

I'm realizing how important it is to make good use of the good times to build a strong foundation of truth and faith for the bad times. When anxious thoughts bombard my mind in the dark of the night, I find myself clinging for dear life to God and His goodness. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I appreciate so much His promises in the Bible and the beautiful hymns that resonate in my soul, reminding me to trust Him.

I appreciate you!
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home