Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 28, 2006

Praises and Prayers

This week (chemo #6), it seems as though my fatigue has been less severe than previous chemo weeks. This is remarkable, since the effects tend to be cumulative. I'm praising the Lord that He's helping me feel so well. The neuropathy (tingling and numbness of fingers and feet) is worse, though, and I'll really appreciate your prayers that God will keep those effects under control. The doctor says that many people on chemotherapy become permanently handicapped by neuropathy.

A young single mom is part of this prayer fellowship, even though we have never met. Her younger sister Susan just learned that she has cancer of the thyroid. Her children are only 2 and 11 years of age; they surely need her to get well. Susan meets with her doctor on Monday; could we pray for her?

It's so hard to see people walking through difficult pathways. I always want to believe that "easy" is normal, and "difficult" is abnormal and to be avoided. I think I'm being unrealistic. This morning's reading in Streams in the Desert said, "Every highway of life descends into the valley now and then. And everyone must go through the tunnel of tribulation before they can travel on the high road of triumph."

Your fellow traveler,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home