Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cultivating peace

A friend sent me a small book, Let Go, a 17th century collection of letters by Fenelon. Here's a sample: "Learn to cultivate peace. And you can do this by learning to turn a def ear to your own ambitious thoughts. Or haven't you yet learned that the strivings of the human mind not only impair the health of your body, but also bring dryness to the soul. You can actually consume yourself by too much inner striving. And to no purpose at all! Your peace and inner sweetness cn be destroyed by a restless mind. Do you think that God can speak in those soft tender accents that melt the soul, in the midst of suchinner confusion as you permit by that nedless, hurrying parade of thoughts going through your mind? Be quiet, and He will soon be heard."

During the night I was awake awhile and realized that I wasn't feeling as well as I had, and this morning I feel a bit down physically. I'm sure it's an invitation to be still for awhile.

Today we plan to visit the van Landingham Glen, an 8-acre ravine on the local university campus that's filled with luscious rhododendrons. I've learned that I need some exercise every day, even when I don't feel like it. And I'm surely looking forward to all that beauty.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home