Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Searching





I discovered a wonderful artist/poet, and his work is enriching my life. This is his painting titled "Lost Coin."






Here are excerpts from his poem “Searching.”


Searching
James Hasse, S.J.

When I do a painting, I am searching.
When I pray, I am searching.
When I look in the mirror, I am searching.
When I walk down the street, my eyes are constantly searching.
Why?
Have I lost something?
No.
I search because I have found something.
I search to find God more in everyone and in all things.
The more I find of this precious treasure the easier it is to find more,
And so I constantly search.

As I search, I find and am found.
The woman in the Gospel searches for her lost coin.
Or is the parable about God searching for us?
When we are lost, when we try to hide
God gets a broom out, bends over, and searches:
Underneath, behind, between every hiding place until we are found.

Even more important than the paintings produced from my searching
Is what God seems to be creating in me.
God is blessing me with the gift of contemplation,
A big prayer word which simply means
Looking at everything with deep love.

If my art helps me and others to see ourselves
And love each other as God sees and loves us,
Our search has been successful.
We have been found.

Big thanks to you for praying and to God for His help with chemo yesterday. The vein situation is not good, and the nurses and I think it's time to get a port installed. We'll discuss it with the doctor in two weeks. I did finally get "hooked up" and the rest of the afternoon went fine. I'm tired, but not suffering. In fact, last evening I watched the News Hour on public T-V because I was interested in the U.N. General Assembly held yesterday.

You'll probably remember that next Tuesday I'm having another CA 125 test--and praying for a low number. Thanks to all who have posted comments here or have sent personal e-mails of encouragement. When I get some zip back, I'll try to write to you individually.

Don't forget to FROG (Fully Rely On God).

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 20, 10:41:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI CAROL.
I WAS PRAYING FOR THE SITE SPECIFICALLY YESTERDAY....MAYBE A PORT IS THE ANSWER..I LOVED THE PAINTING AND POEM.WHAT AM AMAZING GOD WE HAVE!
AD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home