Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Editing Rights

As an editor I claim editing rights, because ultimately I am responsible for the quality of the magazine. But sometimes the original authors don't like that arrangement; once I even had to scrap an entire story because the author so vigorously protested my attempts to fix her confusing style and poor grammar. That's why I was so struck by a quotation given in our morning prayer chapel yesterday:

"God has editing rights over our prayers. He will . . . edit them, correct them, bring them in line with His will, and then hand them back to us to be resubmitted." -Stephen Crotts

I like this arrangement! Not only is He ultimately responsible for the way things turn out, He is also the smartest Person in the universe. I feel safe having Him as the Editor of my prayers.

Sweet Kemo is at 2:00 this afternoon. I'm gathering my favorite CDs and a light-weight book beside my bed, trusting God to keep me mentally and spiritually alert enough to enjoy them. I'd like Him to use the next two or three days of enforced stillness to draw me closer to Him.

May He do that for you too!

Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 20, 01:58:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a marvelous quote about prayer -- with God exercising editing rights.

Tom Bowers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home