Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 31, 2007

Am I Fully Relying on God?

I wear a bracelet with beads that spell out FROG. I wear cute little frog pins, and frogs sit all over the place in our home. But I still have to ask myself: am I Fully Relying On God? Or on chemo, doctors, my mind, my actions? All night my body was madly throwing off fluids. I'm drinking all I can to try to prevent dehydration, but can I drink enough? Naturally, I was restless and my mind was madly stirring up "to do" lists. Can I fully rely on God to accomplish all that he wants me to do today? Or will I keep thinking it's all up to me? You get the picture. Please pray for me. I do need to try to get some work done at the office because of two pretty big deadlines, but I don't dare rely on myself. Thanks. I promise not to push too hard.

Those of you who came to my 70th birthday party will remember the adorable redhead who sang a cute song about growing older. That was Fran, the friend who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Her surgeon feels it's slow-growing, and probably contained. The surgery will be later in September. Thanks for praying for her, and please continue. She faces a struggle, even with the relatively good news. And our friend whose creatinin numbers were too high after her kidney transplant learned yesterday that the number is down to 1.5; it needs to be at 1. Our other friend with a kidney transplant has developed a virus related to the transplant. We keep praying for all of these.

I need to say this: God is faithful. He is good. He is reliable.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home