Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What can I give back to God?

This morning I awoke with a start when the alarm on Carol's pump went off. Apparently she had rolled onto the tube and it was protesting...a rather sensitive chap it is!

Again this chemo is hitting Carol very hard. Fortunately there have been no "eruptions" but she is extremely tired and weak. Later this morning the pump is to be removed, so she should soon be feeling better. Our prayer is that the chemo is hitting the cancer doubly hard too.

Yesterday I was reading a few lines from Psalm 116 (The Message) to Carol, which gave me much food for thought:

"I love God because he listened to me,
listened as I begged for mercy...

God is gracious-it is he who makes things right,
our most compassionate God...

I said to myself, 'relax and rest,
God has showered you with blessings,
Soul, you've been rescued from death;
Eye,you've been rescued from tears,
And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling.'

What can I give back to God
for the blessings he's poured out on me?
I'll lift high the cup of salvation-a toast to God!
I'll pray in the name of God;
I'll complete what I promised God I'd do,
and I'll do it together with his people.
When they arrive at the gates of death,
God welcomes those who love him.
Oh God, here I am your servant,
your faithful servant: set me free for your service!"

Cancer has been confirmed in our dear friend here is Charlotte. She meets with the surgeon today to discuss alternatives, which no doubt involve surgery. At this time it is unknown how far the cancer has progressed. Please continue to lift her up in your prayers.

It is a tremendous privilege to serve our great God together. Let us hold high that cup of salvation and continue to praise Him for all He has done and continues to do for each one of us.

Enjoy this new day of His blessings!

Our love to you all,

Chuck...and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 29, 01:09:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Lallee said...

Carol, keeping you in my prayers as you battle chemo symptoms. I know as you "give back to God" you will ministering well to your coworker as she battles her own cancer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home