Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Love for the Journey

How difficult it would be to walk any tough journey without love! First, the reservoir of divine love that God builds into us from the beginning. Then the love that others add unconditionally during our early years. Eventually the love we learn to offer to others--hopefully, also, unconditionally. And throughout the whole journey, since even the best human love wears thin at times, God's faithful outpouring of perfect love continues. The Hebrew word hesed is my favorite; with no equivalent English word, translators often settle for "faithful love" or "loving-kindness." I think the best spiritual exercise we can engage in is to enter deeply into that place in the soul where we can be convinced of God's hesed and carry it with us consciously throughout the tough journey of the day. This is one reason why I am committed to reading the Bible daily if possible. It's an excellent way to hear him saying, "I love you."

I slept very soundly through the night. Still no significant nausea or other digestive upset. I'd bought that expensive anti-nausea medication after last time's meltdown, so you can be sure I'm taking it this time. And I plan to go to the oncologist this morning for an additional infusion of fluids, on invitation from my very loving nurses to try to prevent dehydration.

I tried until bedtime last night but couldn't get an update on my friend's biopsy report. I keep praying. Yesterday I told you good news about our Michigan friend whose psa numbers have dropped. His missionary daughter was having a breast biopsy yesterday. Praying for a clean report for her as well.

May God fill you with his love today.

Carol

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 28, 12:46:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Lallee said...

Carol, it sounds like you were a step ahead this week for the next treatment. I pray all the precaution has served well in preventing the awful effects of chemo.

You always minister to ME in your posts!

Hugs,
Lallee

 
At Wed Aug 29, 12:24:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Wilson...not sure if you remember me (I am Linda's sister) but anyways, I was checking out your blog and came across this on God's love. It is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. And when I was looking through my journal today I found these verses from the Message (Psalm 36:5-6) that I had written down. Thought you might enjoy it...
God's love is meteoric,
his loyalty astronomic,
His purpose titanic,
his verdicts oceanic.
Yet in his largeness
nothing gets lost;
Not a man, not a mouse,
slips through the cracks.

 
At Thu Aug 30, 04:34:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Dear Katrine,

Yes, I surely do remember you. Thanks so much for checking in. I love the Psalm you quote!
Love,
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home