Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Lookin' Good

I've always hated being overweight--despised the lack of self-respect and self-discipline that allowed me to get out of shape. So it always surprises me that people repeatedly say, "You're looking so good." I suppose people with cancer often waste and shrivel, so their faces look ill. So my extra weight probably prevents that effect. For what it's worth to you whom I don't get to see, please know that folks say I'm looking good . . . whatever that means.

I'm even more concerned about the temptation to "look good" spiritually and emotionally, whether true or not. On a journey like this one, I must hold tight to God no matter what. But I have to admit that I don't always feel close to him, nor do I always feel sweet and joyful. C S Lewis said, in Screwtape Letters, that "troughs" are a normal human condition, and that God (whom Screwtape called "the enemy above") takes some sort of delight when humans in a deep slump continue to hold on to him. I take comfort from that. I really do want to delight God, regardless of the ebb and flow of my own soul.

I slept much better last night. (I think one of the anti-nausea pills causes restlessness after a few days; I'd also had a fairly sleepless night two weeks ago after chemo.) I accomplished a good day's work yesterday, and I have good hope of meeting both deadlines (magazine and annual prayer guide pages) next week. I find that I have to concentrate harder; chemo brain, I suppose.

I'll never be able to adequately thank you for your prayer support and all your encouragement. Blessings for your day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home