Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Corner Turned?

I believe that I have made it around the first corner. Thanks for praying! I have gone to the office each day this week, trying to catch up on things of lesser urgency that I let accumulate, and I have made considerable headway. With emotions close to the surface, I have avoided getting into many conversations. I have frequently thought about talking with a friend that died of cancer a few years ago, and hearing him relate how difficult conversations can be. I believe that I understand what he was saying better now. It is difficult for many to know how to convey their feelings. Often the message is completely communicated with only a hug and a tear.

I have enjoyed a good rest for two nights, and I was able to go out on the patio yesterday for a time of reading and prayer, enjoying the many birds singing and dropping by for a drink or a bath. This is something Carol and I enjoyed on a regular basis and I just had not felt like doing it alone previously. I did some yard work until it was getting too warm outside. Then I took care of the laundry, some cleaning, and caught up on a bit of reading. I accepted an invitation for dinner at the home of some dear friends, and shortly will be on the patio again, and then off to our class with Tom and to the church service.

Your many cards, notes, emails and calls have been a great encouragement to me. There are so many wonderful verses and messages. One short verse from Micah 7:8 is a good reminder for the days ahead…”When I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.”

Thanks for praying for me and for the family.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home