Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Imagine!

One week ago today we celebrated the life of our friend, mother, grandmother and Wife, Carol. Throughout the celebration we heard about how God had worked in and through this special lady. It was her prayer and desire that the celebration would be about God, His love and availability to every living person. And to that end, she shared her life with each one of us...many through her writing, and even this blog, that she never had the opportunity of meeting.

As I awoke this morning, I was reflecting on the celebration and trying to imagine what she is experiencing now. There is much unknown about eternity but God's word is very clear about it's reality and the complete joy for those passing through that curtain of death who know Him.

This past week I have often listened to music on CDs that were favorites of both Carol and me. Many times I have played a CD of piano selections by our friend Verna who plays much like Carol did, and plans to be part of Carol's celebration in Michigan on August 2. I have also listened many times to the selection by Mercyme, I can Only Imagine that was played as the family followed Carol's casket to the front of the celebration gathering. Here are just a few lines that set my thoughts soaring. Possibly they will yours too:

"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Sat Jul 19, 05:25:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Liz said...

Boppi,
You are in our thoughts and our prayers! We miss you. :)
Love,
Liz, James, Joshua, and Lydia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home