Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 18, 2008

God is all strength

This morning I opened Carol’s copy of The Daily Message. I enjoyed reading my copy so much last year that I gave one to Carol at Christmas. I noticed her marker and prayer list on May 26th which appears to be her last reading. Sickness, infusions and attempted surgery quickly followed, but she was never able to regain any measure of health. The cancer was too far advanced.

On the reverse side of her personal prayer list, she wrote a reminder to herself which I believe is a good one for me, so I thought that I would share it with you. In her weakened condition she wrote:

“God is all strength for His people. This is exactly what I need – strength to do what you want me to do today, and especially heart strength to continually draw near to you.”

I have been pondering the book of Amos these past few days which sure does indicate how God feels about our hunger for, and relationship with Him. I have been reminded of how many things in this world, even a wonderful wife, can draw my attention away from Him. It is my prayer that I too will continually draw near to Him.

This morning I am invited to join a couple of men from my office for breakfast. I am blessed by a wonderful support group from the neighborhood, the office and the church. But the loss of my dear Carol is with out a doubt the most difficult adjustment I have ever made. At times it seems like the hole that she left is larger than ever and I just cry out to God. Thanks Father for the message from Amos that is helping me to see myself better and to allow you to fill that huge hole in my life.

Have a wonderful God focused day!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home