Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 25, 2008

Grief

I have read about the various stages of grief. Some believe that they have it all figured out, stage by stage. One statement I read, really connects with me. "Your grief is unique." Daily I recognize new physical and emotional limits that surprise me and that I trust are short-term. But while there are the down sides, there are also many wonderful experiences.

As I was thinking about this early in the morning, I was reminded of the importance of thankfulness as I travel this new road of grief. It is so easy to focus on the down-side and neglect the tremendous blessings that also come my way. Often I wonder how I can possibly thank everyone. I was reminded of Mark 9:41 when Jesus says "If anyone gives you even a cup of water because you belong to the Messiah, I assure you, that person will be rewarded." I am thankful for that reminder, but will attempt to also show my gratitude even when I don't feel up to it.

I am frequently reminded that I am blessed to be a blessing. This experience is not all about me...It is about us. Will I just "soak up" all these blessings, or be available to pass them on as the opportunity comes my way. Lord, help me to be more open, honest and available to be used by you!

I am convinced that nothing comes into our lives without the Lord's approval. Why one may be healed and another die, I don't understand. But I am confident that He knows what He is doing. The question I continually ask myself is...can I say with the Apostle Paul; "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain"?

Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

Love,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Fri Jul 25, 08:01:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing the blog. It is good to be able to check on you and to still reap the benefit of your quite times!! XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home